Friday, April 23, 2010

Changes to the LIBA Website



Over the last couple of weeks I've been making some fairly significant changes to the website. Many of you may have already noticed. Those of you who check-in via a reader might want to swing by the site to see the changes. I've added a menu to the top of the screen which links to the various pages I've added. A summary of the changes is as follows...

Link Exchange
I previously had been posting reciprocal links on the right-hand menu/toolbar-dealie. It was getting messy over there, so I've moved a number of features to pages of their own. The link exchange is one of the items moved. The link exchange now features banners of the sites (if applicable).

Shopping List
The Shopping List (the beers my readers have suggested I try) has also moved to it's own page. No change here except the move.

Queued-Up
Once again, the beers I have in my fridge queued-up was cluttering up the main page. I've moved that stuff to a page of its own.

LIBA Store
Lost in the Beer Aisle now has merchandise for sale. I opened the store this week and it's still a work in progress. Eventually I'll offer more designs and more products. Suggestions welcome!!! Part of your purchase goes directly to my beer purchases. The rest goes to cafe-press, who hosts my store.

Beer Catalog
I spent many tedious hours generating a list of all the beers I've reviewed. The list is fully linked to each of my reviews and is alphabetized.

Beer News
I spend a large portion of time surfing through beer news every day. On Twitter I post the stuff that is the most interesting to me. I also tag all of these items in Google Reader. Clicking the "Beer News" link will take you to a full list of all the stories I've tagged. Happy reading!


Lots of exciting changes, and hopefully lots more to come as we move into the summer months!

No comments:

Post a Comment