Monday, December 28, 2009

BEER RUN!

By the end of last week, my supply of beer had dwindled to just a small handful of brews. Anticipating my next beer run, I have been asking you folks to help me generate my shopping list. Many thanks to everyone who participated. I'm bummed because I didn't write down WHO suggested everything. Next time I will be sure to do so. Below is a report of what you put on my list, and how I made out. As you can tell from the picture, I purchased WAY more than what was put on the list! :)

Purchased

* 21st Amendment Monk's Blood
* Anchor Porter
* Ayinger Celebrator
* 1809 Berliner Weisse
* Schmaltz He'Brew Jewbelation 13

Store carries the brand, but did not have this style. Will try next time.
* Allagash Curieux
* Anchor Bock
* Founders Backwoods Bastard
* Harpoon Ginger Wheat
* Harpoon Glacier Harvest Wet Hop Ale

Investigating Availability
* Bruery 2 Turtle Doves
* Cigar City Jai Alai IPA

As usual, you can find the full list of what's now in my fridge in the "Queued Up" portion of the right-hand sidebar on this page.

On a last note, check out the "free" t-shirt I got from the liquor store. The store has a frequent shopper program (wild six) that awards card holders a free gift for every 6th mixed six-pack you buy. The 6th, 12th, and 18th mixed six-pack gets you one or two pint glasses. The 24th (completing the card) gets you a t-shirt.

If you're in the Massachusetts area, you should definitely check out Julio's Liquors. Their beer selection is awesome, and the wild-six card is a decent deal. Sure, you have to spend $400 to get some glasses and a t-shirt, but it's better than nothing, right?


2 comments:

Kerry said...

Ooooo, exciting. Can we review a beer or two before we get really shitty on NYE?

Lost said...

I don't see why not.

-Lost

Post a Comment